RCU Forums - View Single Post - Heli stuff and fellowship
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 01:16 PM
David867

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Heli stuff and fellowship

I took a look at flyerbug's belt.... you've made that sound really wrong.... haha. But ya, we took the tail assembly right off, and spun the belt using a screw driver instead of the heli's pinion, and the clicking was definitely coming from the tail assembly side, it's a new gear and shaft, so we can eliminate the twist or the bent tail boom as the cause of the clicking noise.

I held onto the tail assembly as he spun the belt using the round screw driver on the other end. (Donica, I'm not sure how, but you could make that sound really wrong...) I heard the noise being produced at various belt tensions, it could be a bearing clicking under pressure, maybe we should have flipped the belt around so the smooth side is against the pinion, and spin it like that. But I did flick the tail fins and it span freely and without noise when the belt was not touching the pinion.

I think this leaves 2 possibilities - Noise being made from the belt teeth/pinion teeth mismatch
- Noise coming from a bad bearing, when spun with pressure applied (quiet if freespun without load).

Steaks are grillin, and you were typing up quite the storm, you must type really fast! Or your steaks are now well done...
Have a great day building! And any derivatives of it.