RCU Forums - View Single Post - Problems with 1 way bearing on Megabaja spur gear!!
Old 05-26-2008, 11:31 PM
Megabash

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Problems with 1 way bearing on Megabaja spur gear!!

OK so this is my 2nd 1 way bearing that has fried on my Losi Megabaja. What I don't know is, what is killing the 1 way bearing on the spur gear of the 2 speed transmission. I have a LRP Spec 3 engine, but I don't think this engine would be killing the 1 way bearing in the spur gear would it? The one way bearing in the spur gear will spin freely and my truck goes no where. I tried cleaning the 1 way bearing with non chlorinated brake cleaner but no deal, the damn thing just spins and will not catch. So I degress and have to say there is something that I am missing or don't know....what the hell is it?????! ARGH!!![:@][:@][:@]

I just inspected the inside of the 1 way bearing and its fried, the 'w' ramps for the bearings are completely gone!!!! The cylindrical steel guides are falling out of the bearing!!! Something is destroying the 1 way bearing. I noticed today the my MB will some times just stop when its at a low speed, as if the brakes are grabbing and then releasing. Something else is wrong here....hmmmm