Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Losi Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Problems with 1 way bearing on Megabaja spur gear!!

Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Problems with 1 way bearing on Megabaja spur gear!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 11:31 PM
Megabash

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Problems with 1 way bearing on Megabaja spur gear!!

OK so this is my 2nd 1 way bearing that has fried on my Losi Megabaja. What I don't know is, what is killing the 1 way bearing on the spur gear of the 2 speed transmission. I have a LRP Spec 3 engine, but I don't think this engine would be killing the 1 way bearing in the spur gear would it? The one way bearing in the spur gear will spin freely and my truck goes no where. I tried cleaning the 1 way bearing with non chlorinated brake cleaner but no deal, the damn thing just spins and will not catch. So I degress and have to say there is something that I am missing or don't know....what the hell is it?????! ARGH!!![:@][:@][:@]

I just inspected the inside of the 1 way bearing and its fried, the 'w' ramps for the bearings are completely gone!!!! The cylindrical steel guides are falling out of the bearing!!! Something is destroying the 1 way bearing. I noticed today the my MB will some times just stop when its at a low speed, as if the brakes are grabbing and then releasing. Something else is wrong here....hmmmm
Old 05-26-2008, 11:48 PM
funman1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Problems with 1 way bearing on Megabaja spur gear!!

Do you just clean it and drop it back in?
You need to clean it, dry it,
and then add some one way bearing oil.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:10 AM
Sugafree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Problems with 1 way bearing on Megabaja spur gear!!

Get the LST2 2 Speed Set up.....