RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/3 Scale Nieuport 11
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 11:06 PM
Shrky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/3 Scale Nieuport 11

Well I'm glad to see so much interest. Had to go out today and get some more hook eyes for the fuse rigging. What I'm doing is using nylon cord and some plastic beads my wife found for me to simulate the wire rigging in the fuse. Although this will be covered I'm hoping it with show through the fabric especially when the sun shines through it, also I'm sure it will add some support to the fuse although it doesn't really need it.

Don,
Remember contrary to what a lot of people think, bigger flies better/easier/more stable. The one thing that won't scale down is the air density. Trouble is the bigger you build them the more detailing you have to do. They just look to barren without it, ask any model railroader.

khodges,
I've never really obsessed about nose weight, I add what it needs to balance and so far all my planes have been good fliers. I'm also a big believer that a plane flies on it's wings not it's propeller, I always seem to use smaller engines in my planes than other people with the same plane. On the other hand though when I dumb thumb it it's usually the end as there is no reserve power to save it.

J,
Went to website, looks like a great bunch. Now I'll have to have the Bebe ready by the mid Aug. I was a member of the Mollala Radio Control Assc. last year, I haven't had time to get out there this year due to work but the weather hasn't really turned to summer around here yet either.

Art,
Thanks for the complement the hard parts are yet to come, I hope they come out as well.

Scott