RCU Forums - View Single Post - F27 STRYKER Part 7 : The Basics To The Darkest of Dark
Old 05-29-2008, 02:15 AM
Gryphon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F27 STRYKER Part 7 : The Basics To The Darkest of Dark

speedfreek,

I wish you had bought the MEDUSA 28-40-2500 as I've been recommending to everyone looking at six series 2700 in the Stryker and Funjet forums in and out of RCU. Best extra $4 you would have spent.

Your motor is a lot more powerful compared to Don's 2700 outrunner.

You are under propped. Before I read down far enough to see Brazman's question and your reply, I believed you had picked up roughly 10 MPH already and that you had just not noticed it or were expecting so much more. As Brazman pointed out some of the issue may be the stock prop, I would prop up more either way.

For a very conservative speed increase try 5.5X4.5.

You might want to try a 5.5X5.5 prop for speed gain, but I would personally go with 6X5 for better climbing and about same speed as the 5.5X5.5 prop while pushing the amps more.

Keep an eye on the battery and motor temp. Don't worry if the motor is a little too warm, you can always add a heat sink....You better care more about the battery temp. Try and provide more cooling air to and from the battery. Make some cuts in the rear hatch to let more air out, so more air can come in.

Initially try some throttle management as you feel the battery and motor temps.
Your battery is o.k., but whenever you want to get additional packs for same setup, consider something like a 2200 25C which is a little bit of an upgrade and will let you run at full throttle longer and will fare better in summer heat.

Good luck and have fun,

Gryphon