RCU Forums - View Single Post - F27 STRYKER Part 7 : The Basics To The Darkest of Dark
Old 05-29-2008, 12:24 PM
critterhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F27 STRYKER Part 7 : The Basics To The Darkest of Dark

ORIGINAL: Gryphon
critterhunter,

Welcome back to the thread. As you can see chippedprop is doing an awesome job and been around since part 1 of the Stryker series, way before you and me.

Check out his very first post on part 1, before the top line of his very first post was finished he was giving advice.....LOL...BRAVO Chippedprop. [sm=thumbup.gif]
I read some of his posts on every single thread that he has ever been on in RCUniverse (surprise), so I made a very informed choice and with the blessing and total approval of all mighty Glacier Girl (Brad) the decision became final.

Check out his Into video on post #1 of this thread.

He neither wants to suggest the most expensive parts, nor does he want to sacrifice on great performance unless specifically asked by the person he is helping.

When I noticed that he does care about leaving some breathing room in his suggested setups and that they were efficient while having performance.....I knew he was going to serve the people well and that the folks wouldn't outgrow the suggested parts that soon and would actually saved money in the shorter run compared to my suggestions which save money in the long run.

Obviously he has kept up with the changing times. F-27B is obsolete and not sold anymore last time I checked. So most people are now after upgrading their F-27C Strykers at various levels. I believe the stock F-27C motor should be able to handle roughly 500W when properly setup.
So after an initial prop upgrade, next level would be battery and ESC upgrade.

If you have a list of some proven battery and ESC components at a fair price, I'm sure the folks could benefit from that greatly. Maybe at a couple of different performance levels at up to 40-45A constant capability with 3S and 4S.

People can easily be setup with small props initially and as they get used to speed they can simply change props for $2-$3.
Part 6 thread showed that people listen well when asked to run small props at first, and then gradually prop up. So performance, future scalability, saving money in long term with high quality parts, were not at odds with safety with proper guidance.

I'm sure we can keep the same trend going as far as various performance levels and safety without unduly scaring folks. The idea of starting with smaller props really paid off big time.

Later guys,

Gryphon
I'll be posting some stuff soon. Just printed out the rest of the thread so I can catch up over a coffee and a smoke, and will reply as needed. I'll also throw together some motors/links to them as related to the Stryker. As you know, my thing is "as fast...as cheap...as possible", so that'll be my contribution in lipos, motors, escs, servos, etc. Well, I wouldn't say it's always about "as fast", as there are some great little motors like the 12T or BP21 that might not be the fatest, but they are the cheapest and also a great way for a newbie to get his dark side legs. Even then, I'd still suggest they prop down to take those baby steps. I'll also throw up a chart I made comparing 2 to 3" EDFs with "best speed on a 3 cell", along with other info.

Glad to see the thread is blooming. Will be throwing up some new "Streaker" (streamlined Stryker) pics/mods/and custom winded motor info soon too. She's almost done and I like what I see! [8D]