RCU Forums - View Single Post - F27 STRYKER Part 7 : The Basics To The Darkest of Dark
Old 05-29-2008, 05:28 PM
Flightops_69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F27 STRYKER Part 7 : The Basics To The Darkest of Dark

Ok, I actually know something about this subject in regards to aircraft and the effects of weight on an aircraft. For Gryphs sake I shall try to be concise! <grin>

Here is an excerpt from the manual used by loadmasters for loading aircraft. It shows, without going into details, the negative effects of weight. Also, when an aircraft makes a 60degree bank, you double your g's. So the more weight, combined with speed, you can overload your wings, causing, in the least, loss of lift, worse case scenario you get the blew wing theory, "One blew that way, one blew the other way. In our case, I wouldnt be overly concerned, due to if it approached those weights, you couldnt even throw the bird fast enough to get it off the ground. Feel free to shoot heat rounds at me, I've got thick skin and dont mind. We can all learn together.

The most important performance deficiencies of the overweight airplane are:
Higher takeoff speed.
Longer takeoff run.
Reduced rate and angle of climb.
Lower maximum altitude.
Shorter range.
Reduced cruising speed.
Reduced maneuverability.
Higher stalling speed.
Higher landing speed.
Longer landing roll.

Here is a website that explains it all with the math, because I know some of you LOVE MATH!!!

http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question...ce/q0146.shtml