RCU Forums - View Single Post - F27 STRYKER Part 7 : The Basics To The Darkest of Dark
Old 05-29-2008, 10:54 PM
chippedprop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F27 STRYKER Part 7 : The Basics To The Darkest of Dark

Well I see some very interesting things on here

Weight very interesting I feel that weight is a factor in overall
gavity is always presentthe heavier the mass the more the object weighs
A fully loaded plane will weigh more-gavity is trying to pull the plane to the ground -a plane must use forward speed to generate lift to fly
thru a combo of speed and lift (many diff airfoils=big # of variables) a plane will fly-added weight will make the plane sink- we will use a constant of 60 mph
in this example
In our 60 mph plane nothing will change-except added weight to the cg point as to not change the balance
The more you add the heavier it becomes-plane must add power to stay at 60-to make more lift to over come the weight.
I know from flying in light general aviation planes (super cub-brother inlaws) that as you start with a full load of fuel-get to cruise alt. trim to fly level hands off-and fly for 1-2 hours the plane will pick up speed and will climb by it's self as it gets lighter - the cg does not change as the tank is over the CG-only the weight changes

Yes I know that a heavy srtyker with the right combo of motor and batts. will make more power and speed just to over come the added weight

Any way that's my point of view - lighter is better

CP