RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sounds too cheap
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 09:58 AM
rcdriver22
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sounds too cheap

Is there a base line cost into turbine jets? I'm advertising elsewhere a mint Baby Boomerang original as new, together with Behotec JP66 19 lb thrust turbine with bespoke manufacturers engine mount, together with Orbit full FADEC control. The behotec is currently manual configured to save weight. The parts etc to upgrade to auto are included. This turbine has 2+ hours sucking cold air and blowing hot. No FOD damage but there are skip marks on the comnpressor (when the hand starter has jumped on spool up) Also a minor dint on the rear can back edge. Low price reflects this. Engine can be seen running. All this jet needs is to be fitted out with of servos, rx gear etc ,etc. and then flown.

It it a cheap entry in Jets and Turbines at $1980? Why I'm asking is I paid Alan $990 for the orinial kit and got it built by a friend for $300, they now sell ARTF for $700[&o] so those prices mean nothing and the Behotec is about $2000 new?

This is the only hobby I know where you buy new one day and the next sell it for 50% less. Just testing views

Paul
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68434.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	960152