RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 6014 receiver heat issue
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 10:31 PM
summerwind

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 6014 receiver heat issue

ORIGINAL: mrjetpilot

Ok. Let me get this straight. Futaba appears to have an issue that's come up with giant scale 3D airplanes. The issue seems to have only come up with those in AZ, as the seasonal temperature went up, in which the receiver is mounted below a clear canopy, in the direct sunlight, in one of the highest temp metropolitan areas in North America. None of these issues have been known to cause a single crash. Problems under other conditions (cooler ambient temp, receiver mounded under a canopy floor, painted canopy, covered airplane, ect) haven't been reported.

However, JR/Spektrum users seem to have had issues with receivers "browning out" causing crashes, and still seem to have issues losing their "bind". But since they're told just to rebind their radios, there's not a problem??? I've seen a handful of "unexplained" crashes with JR/Spektrum radios, where the airplane appears to go into failsafe, ect, causing the crash. I've never seen a Futaba 2.4 system do the same, but Futaba's the one with the problem?

It's amazing that people are making as big of a deal as they are. As has been said, most of the electronics aren't rated for more than 60C, so if you were to crash, how can you be sure it was because of the Futaba receiver, and not because your battery pack, ect quit due to overtemp?

People are also making a big deal because the Futaba support forum, which is run through Hobbico, the distributor of Futaba, won't give an answer before Futaba does more research and gives them an answer. And yet JR hasn't had a support forum for months. Maybe Futaba/Hobbico should do the same thing, so that people can't ***** about the forum.

Look at post #5 in this thread and see what you think.... http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7563203/tm.htm
You nailed it right on the head, and that's the problem. Futaba really has delivered a sound system. But not so fassst there buckaroo............we'll find something wrong with it.....even if we have to do something totally out of the norm to get there[sm=cry_smile.gif]