RCU Forums - View Single Post - Heli stuff and fellowship
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 01:56 AM
helorookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Heli stuff and fellowship

Thank you for the warm welcome. I can tell you that I will be here for many days to come. Before anything gets misunderstood, I just want everyone to know that I hung up my uniform a couple of years ago after 14 years service. I ended up working for a company that makes a product used by the military over here, and was asked to come over to provide support for the troops to keep them in the fight with an awesome piece of equipment that has saved many lives. I will let them all know that you are sending your best wishes to them. I work very close with the servicemembers, and have lost many who I would consider a friend in the 3 years that I have been here.

I have been told that there is a flying club that was thrown together down in Baghdad. I wish I had someone here that I could get together with and maybe fly with. I can tell you that I have gotten much better since the days of the infamous 'back-flip' with my Blade CP....lol The crash I am recovering from now happened with a huge wind gust that basically took my bird and threw her into the concrete. I just need to redo the blade grips and then balance the new blades and I should be airborne again. I have started my own little LHS here with repair parts. I know the site I order from is really happy with me, with the money I spent with them...LOL!!

Take care everyone and keep em flying.....