RCU Forums - View Single Post - Just wanted to say hello
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Dick Russ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just wanted to say hello

Greg,
I have to agree with you. i have really enjoyed the last couple of weeks tinkering with the plane.

The present status is I have installed new pneumatic cylinders and new hoses in the wing and the gear still works great on the bench. The old ones rotted off and were layinng in the box. The tread is nearly worn off of the wheels but due to nostalgia, i think I will fly it that way for a while. I kept a little log book in the shipping case where i recorded the number of flights on the Revenger. When I put it up in 1978 it had 1127 flights.

Back in 1973 Paul Imrisek (an engineer and modeler I worked with at North American
Rockwell) and I started a company called Allied Hobbies Manufacturing in Westchester, California. We started out with the Integra I designed. When the 1/2 A reacing took off, I designe a 1/2 A racer called the Streaker. These were our two main sellers along with an assortment of R/C accessories. In 1975 Paul designed a 40 size Integra but by that time we had to sell the company due to my being transferred to the Shuttle program at Edwards AFB. It was while I was Edwards that I designed the Revenger (1976).

I was bumped out of first place by one point flying the Integra at the 1973 Nats in Oshkosh. That was the first contest the Integra ever flew in.

Since you ask I am attaching a few pictures that you might enjoy. One is taken with my son and I (1974) with the first production kit of the Integra. The the second is the Integra on the runway, the third is 1/2 A Streaker and the last is the Revenger on my Bench (last week).

I hope you will find them interesting.

I do have a lot of photo's taken at several contests I would be happy to get my son to scan them and post them. let me know how you would like to do this.

Best regards,

Dick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26407.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	966595   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bx73896.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	966596   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx61450.jpg