RCU Forums - View Single Post - boost range of TX
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2003, 01:44 AM
Hyrax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost range of TX

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Ladyflyer

It would be totally irresponsible for any one to offer information on increasing range when doing so is obviously illegal. There are many reasons for the rules and regs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel we are going over old ground here but I’ll try one more time. YOU DON’T KNOW WHERE HE’S FLYING, AND YOU DON’T KNOW THE RULES AND REGS IN HIS COUNTRY!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Ladyflyer

The fact the individual is astute enough to rig a video transmitter but has no idea how to effectively increase the range would lead me to believe the person shouldn't be running any more range

Are you saying that because he was able to put a video transmitter on his plane(2.4 GHz microwave) that he should now know all worldly information ascertaining to the behavior and amplification of RF radiation (36MHz or 72Mhz). That is absurd.

Ladyflyer are you in the media? What a beat up! With no facts and making assumptions you have presented a bleeding heart story about illegalities, damage and injury and “innocent victims”. And nothing strikes fear into the heart of a member of the community like the idea of a “cruise missile” bearing down on their innocent selves. Please get hold of yourself. You’ve been watching to many terrorism news articles.

On a lighter note, thank you TomM. Visited your link. A very simple and cost effective way to boost the range. By doing this you are not increasing the gross power output of your transmitter, just concentrating it into a directional beam. This would not effect other hobby users in comparison to upping the power to an omni direction antenna.