RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Unofficial all things Jet drive thread
Old 06-14-2008, 01:57 PM
5150Cat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The Unofficial all things Jet drive thread

Quicksilver,
Nice, pics help alot actually. And dang it you had one of my ideas in those pics. When I was making upgrades to my waverunner, one of the best upgrades was an extended plate that ran about 8" past the back of the hull. I want to say it was even with the end of the jet nozzle. What it did was help the hull from bouncing around when you were at speed. Also helped it get up on plane that much quicker but that doesn't seem to be a factor here.

The other thing I was going to steal from the ski's was some side fins. On each side of the rear of the hull there were these little plates....about 1 1/2' long that were adjustable. When you adjusted these things down and took a corner with the throttle nailed the G's would rip you off the ski if you weren't careful. Sort of like a skag I guess but being on the side of the hull really seemed to make a pretty big difference. Not sure if it will work for these boats. I ordered some trim tabs also just to play with but we'll see. That's half the fun is tinkering like you said.