RCU Forums - View Single Post - F27 STRYKER Part 7 : The Basics To The Darkest of Dark
Old 06-27-2008, 07:38 AM
Speeddriven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F27 STRYKER Part 7 : The Basics To The Darkest of Dark

Brazman,
Good to hear from you,and congrats on the birth of your child.It's an awesome experience as you know.
Can't wait for your video.

Gryphon,
Thank you. Will go with the props you suggested, off to the flying field.Will report later.

Sincerely,
Speeddriven

I am back from the flying field ,so I am editing my last post.

O.K.... positively,unlimited vertical performance with the APC 7x5E prop, and significant straight line speed increases.
Very pleased with vertical performance, but I strongly suggest that anyone running this setup BUILD WOODEN ELEVONS. I can see how this upgrade
is necessary for more stability at these speeds .Probably 105+. I did notice that the flight time was a little shorter, but not much considering the size of the prop change. Working on getting a radar gun. Found a buddy at the field that has a watt meter.That will
be very helpful.He flys turbine jets,and said this is" the fastest Stryker I have ever seen" He will be building one also...Watch out everyone.this guy
does not play around!

I would like to try the pylon prop to see if I get more straight line speed.Flew the Diablo two more times with the same 6x5.5E prop.Need to drill pylon prop to
fit the prop adapter.

Overall,I am very pleased with this investment.

Sincerely,
Speeddriven

P.S. LET'S NOT FORGET THE BRUTAL TEMPS HERE IN FLORIDA>IF THAT'S NOT A TESTIMENT TO THESE SETUPS,I DO'NT KNOW WHAT IS...I FLEW MOSTLY FULL THROTTLE.(heat index of 95+) Flight time on mega stryker 10 minutes mostly full throttle.Winds around 7 mph . After flight battery was not hot.Mega motor was a little on the hot side.Will take temp gauge next time for true temp reading.Stock motor was on the hot side on el diablo. Will get temp reading of that one after flight also.