RCU Forums - View Single Post - "Tower Pro" "Volt Watch"
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 05:55 AM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: "Tower Pro" "Volt Watch"

Hi Steve. No, I don't use a regulator. The servo's, mostly Airtronics, are rated for both 4.8 and 6 volt operation. I've had no trouble with them in the few years that I went up to 5 cell packs except for the one time that one pack failed in my Venus II. I was very happy to have two batteries AND Voltwatch in that plane that day.

And, for the skeptics out there.. (not directed toward you, Steve because I think you understand what I am about to say)

One thing I must restate here, for the benefit of those skeptics for Voltwatch. It's another tool. Period. I realize that the best tool to have is an ESV and to do regular measurements. However, the voltwatch is not intended to be a replacement for the ESV but to be used as a tool to make a quick observation of battery condition.

If you push the limits, expect the worse possible situation at one time or another. If the Voltwatch is all the way in the green, then the battery is fine to fly with. Simple. If you need to know the loaded battery voltage down to the .001 volt, then go for it. I am a very conservative flyer. If that Voltwatch begins to flicker down toward the yellow with stick movement, the battery pack goes on the Sirius Charger. It's a simple thing, and a very easy to read and interpret tool. It's not the total answer, just one answer for a quick and easy display of battery condition. Period. And, it saved my Venus II, so I'm on that side of the fence.

CGr.