RCU Forums - View Single Post - DYNAM ESC 30A
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 01:11 PM
Zimatosa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DYNAM ESC 30A

ORIGINAL: funflier

damn I bought one with the programming card, now If I can just remember where I put the card....[]
Hmmm... I set mine with the paper instructions, why would I set it with the Throttle/pitch trim all the way down? Is this just for the Dyamn or is this a allaround thing? I never heard of setting it like that, I just set it for hard timing and soft start, brake off. I did notice it has a setting for throttle or something on the card (something on the throttle curve) but no card right now and its not mentioned on the paper instructions. Elaborate.
When you buy a brand spanking new heli that comes with a crappy radio like our dear little Kings, where is the trim and where does it say to put the trim in the manual? Hehe

You know that little throttle problem you had with you King when it took off and smacked the flower pot? That is pretty much from having a falsely set throttle start point with the trim in the middle. I have the same radio as you and the same thing kept happening to me. I would land and my heli would throttle up and take off at the ESC's mercy. I got lucky and only smashed a few sets of woodies....Even with the new radio you still have to lower the trim all the way down to set the correct throttle points. REBIND every time you change even the most minute adjustment in the settings!!! I think this train of thought is common to leave it in the center cause our beloved Dumbdawg was crashing his heli with unsuspecting throttle as well...When asked, he said his trim was...Yep, in the center...

I can really only say from this point that my heli has not throttled itself up since the day I put the trim all the way down and left it there....

Peace,

Z