RCU Forums - View Single Post - XL break in, prepared to be bored!
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 06:56 PM
BudBud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: XL break in, prepared to be bored!

ORIGINAL: twomanytoys

People think these are cheap toys till they hear how much we pay for them. And that's not with the cost of all the extras you need to get them running. I take some friends out on my boat for the first time and they want to go out and buy one till they hear I paid over 50k for it. Hobbies are not cheap.
The thing that always got me when I had a boat was that nobody wanted to help out with expenses. I had my boat paid for when I bought it, an 18' Cajun with a 150 Evinrude on it. I bashed it hard fishing, you have to get where the fish are and if that means sandbars, an occasional rock or log, that is part of the game. You know the routine though, 20 to 40 bucks to tow it to the lake, 20 to 30 bucks for fuel on the lake, boat oil, batteries, fishing tackle, insurance, licenses etc.... They all acted like it was free because the boat was paid for. I did not mind taking a guy fishing, but when they started expecting the free 100 dollar trip twice a week, it got kind of frustrating. RC is much cheaper than keeping up a bass boat!

I cannot believe how easy this 5.9 starts, just a quick bump and it lights every time. I am enjoying that part! I really do not need this big old dual battery roto-starter of mine. BB