RCU Forums - View Single Post - XL break in, prepared to be bored!
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 07:13 PM
BudBud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: XL break in, prepared to be bored!

I am not sure, but I think it is suffering from low fuel pressure on the top end. When I lean it down enough to get the rpm up, it goes flat and gets hot like the Picco did. As long as I run it at a fairly high rpm, but not wide open, it does fine. If I add fuel, it is obviously too rich, it is not lean stalling.... but then it is still pretty new. That was wild yesterday, a full tank of fuel in less than three minutes.

It is no Picco P3, I really did not expect it to be, way back when the threads started, I thought the P3 would probably outrun the 5.9 in every way and I still think that is the case. My Truckzilla actually weighs more than the XL.

The LRP is doing great! It is no Picco either, but after about a gallon, it really is coming to life. The last time I ran it, I did some kind of funky flip over the corner of the wheelie bar into a cartwheel and puked a front dog bone. I think the axle cup is pretty badly worn. I have not torn the chassis down yet as I have the XL parts to convert it, everything but the differentials and they are supposed to be on the way. I really like running the LRP, nice and smooth, decent power, easy to start, easy to tune, holds the tune well.

We are really kind of fortunate to have this forum available and a great core group that willingly shares their knowledge and experience. Anyway, my camera has some new footage of the XL on board and I am trying to figure out the Windows Movie Maker, I cannot find the setting screws or the bearings, so I am pretty lost..... [] Give me nuts and bolts, not buttons and what the hell is a digital anyway? BB