RCU Forums - View Single Post - super tiger
Thread: super tiger
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2003, 01:45 PM
Flak
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default super tiger

Super Tiger engines are great engines. I have two ST 90's that will haul any of the T/F Gold Edition 60 series War Birds all day long. However, should you have a problem making one run properly be sure to see the spray bar in the carb. is pointing down the tiger's throat. I recently had this problem with a 90.
I pulled off the carb. Visual inspection revealed the spray bar was facing the rear wall of the carb throat. One quick adjustment to set the spray bar properly, (loosen the two positioning screws
on the outside of the spray bar) and presto a great starting and running beast! Low idle is amazing too.

Try not to run a S/T too lean, espescially in a war bird or any other plane with an enclosed cowl. It won't take long to over heat the engine while running on the ground. Use proper baffles
or dummy radial engine in the cowl if needed.

I have found the S/T 90 loves "Wildcat" fuel with 10% Nitro/16% Oil content along with an OS #8 glow plug. The T/F in cowl Header/Muffler really top off the scale looks in a war bird.

A S/T 90 will swing a Master Airscrew three blade prop with no problem. I hate putting a two blade prop on a scale war bird designed to wear a three blade prop no matter if it's for flying or
for static display.

Have a great flying season and enjoy your Super Tiger!

_____
Flak