RCU Forums - View Single Post - First 3d/Funfly plane (JWillaims read this)
Old 05-15-2003, 06:37 PM
JWilliams
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First 3d/Funfly plane (JWillaims read this)

Blackhawk3D, are you confused yet? Although we are all trying to help, I think by now you see that either plane would fly well for you. The knife is just such an easy flying/forgiving plane I think you would find it easier to learn 3D. I agree with Paul, once you start flying 3D you will be hooked and another profile will not be a question. If you have aspirations to fly a big IMAC plane 3D style I know nothing will prepare you like the sledge for that. But you have to climb the 3D ladder just like the rest of us did. 3Dreaming is correct in that I cut my 3D teeth on the knife and I have another one framed and somewhat covered in my shop. Why would I build another one if they were not a good plane? You know the answer to that. Here is what will happen to you, buy a knife and you will love it, but in a summer of flying you will want to do more and the knife will not want to go that far, that is where the sledge will come in and take you to the next level. I know it is difficult to decide and make the most of your hard earned dollars. We are all opinionated, take it for what you will and best of luck to you. Lets us know what you decide, and I will try to answer any questions you have, with either plane, regarding construction, covering, setup whatever. [email protected] Jeff W.