RCU Forums - View Single Post - E flite dimante 25 E
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 05:06 PM
DeadStick Dave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E flite dimante 25 E

I'm on my 2nd Diamante and love them both. I fixed the Landing Gear problem by mixing up about 3/4 Oz Epoxy. First I screwed the LDG bolts in flush with the top of the blind nuts and with a swab covered in vasaline, coated each bolt as I screwed them in hand tite (without the LDG struts installed) Then I mixed the Epoxy and poured it into the bottom of the LDG fuse area from one of the two oval holes above. I tilted the fuse forward, backward and to both sides allowing the Epoxy to cover over the triangle shaped stringers on each side of the bottom. I then set the fuse level-side-to-side and angled down so the LDG to firewall area would be level. The Epoxy hardened about 1/8" thick and the LDG support structure is solid as a rock.

I crashed my first one so hard the only thing left was the tail section and the LDG support structure with the LDG intact and I used the gear on my second one.

This is an easy fix and is very strong. You'll like flying the Diamantemy first one flew with no trim required.

Good luck,

Dave