RCU Forums - View Single Post - GO .25 Breakin in (heat cycle) F-UP!
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 05:03 PM
windowlicker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GO .25 Breakin in (heat cycle) F-UP!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CAxP3-fY8g

Here is a video of my GO .25. This is the first time the engine has been started. As you can see, the engine has been preheated with a hair dryer (I began this before I started recording, and just reheated it again just before I fired it up). I got the engine up to just below 200F and tried to start it. I primed the engine, but I think the idle was set too low and kept cutting out! Very stressful times!

After a few seconds of it running I check the temperature, 267F! I gave up and let it cut out. I had put the needle settings to stock, and then backed out the low speed needle by a turn, and the high speed by about one and a half turns before I began the break in, but there was not very much smoke at all (as you can see), and the temps I feel were way too high. I will maybe take the engine apart tomorrow and see if it is damaged and was running lean. During this video, I used hardly any fuel at all, and the tank is nearly full (16% Tornado Fuel Oil Plus [Extra oil]). I will back the needles out a bit more tomorrow when I complete the break in procedure, and get it as rich as I can without it cutting out.

All that you see on the video is what has been done so far, I went out for a meal tonight so left it at BDC to cool and left it... I'm so stressed, I feel I have just ruined my engine!