RCU Forums - View Single Post - DYNAM ESC 30A
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 02:08 PM
Zimatosa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DYNAM ESC 30A

ORIGINAL: funflier

Yes I had one and gave it to Zim. That was one of its better features besides a very soft startup and 3 timing modes.
It is made for or by RC Exceed and comes with either a 5 volt bec or a 6 volt bec. I belive the 5 volt bec is also rated at 2 amps and the 6 volt one at 3 amps.
I have used them for years in my planes and they run a little warmer then some but never really had one fail.
I have ordered a few new motors to try out with that RC Exceed...It will be the weekend until I can give a report. I am thinking about buying the Hobbywing 30A though as well....28 bucks....I know i said this before but the Dynam 30A was not at fault when it fried. My Hyperion motor had a wire arc welding to the inner part of the motor can causing catastrophic failures...I almost lost that new ESC flier gave me when I superheated it to probably 200 degrees?? It was fricken HOT as hell, lets put it that way....Can't wait for my motors...

Another point that I would like to make is that I have read so many darn articles and threads now just on where the trim is supposed to be for throttle and it's about 50-50....I have pretty much come to the conclusion that it does not matter where it is, as long as you program the ESC AFTER you set the trim where you want it and then leave it alone....Mine did work better however, in the down position!!!

Sorry about being a broken record, I have Deja Vue every time I sit down to write here now. I might need a break!! haha

Peace pilots,

Z