RCU Forums - View Single Post - First Flight (sort of) Midwest Attacker
Old 07-23-2008, 05:56 PM
cutterjohn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Flight (sort of) Midwest Attacker

For those of you who might remember, tomorrow I'm planning on taking out my Midwest Attacker for some flying tomorrow.

A quick refresher, the Attacker was one of three foam "ARF's" (nothing like today's ARFs) that took longer to build than a regular kit!

The trainer was the Cardinal, the Attacker was the middle/intermediate and the highest performance was the Chipmunk. The Cardinal was for .10-20 (I believe). We flew it with an OS 15, many, many years ago. I flew the Attacker a couple of times with a K&B 40 (which never worked well, likely it wasn't well broken in and tuned). I still have the chipmunk in the box and haven't decided what to do with it. All reports are that it was a great little plane.

Anyway, if memory serves, the Attacker was a real little rocket. It hasn't been in the air since the late 80's, and now is sporting an Enya SS40BB and spektrum radio and digital servos. I have been retuning my flying skills and feel a lot more comfortable after having done some 25 flights on my newly built Kadet Mark II.

Can't wait to see it go! Hope it goes as well as I remember it!