RCU Forums - View Single Post - Flights 17 - 20, between thunder clouds
Old 07-24-2008, 10:27 AM
Popriv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flights 17 - 20, between thunder clouds

Instructor called and we decided to head out to the field last night and see if we could get in a few flights between the traveling Tstorms here in New England...
He said it wasnt to bad but it was the most wind I've flown in. last week it was dead calm, this week I was blowing all over the place...Of that might have just been me??? :-)

I took off on all my flights with no problem... I think straightening my front wheel helped. Also I had been told the plane would lift off on its own. This time I eased up to full throttle let it roll a bit and then gave it a little up elevator and it went well...previous liftoffs I think I left it on the ground to long and was bouncing all over the place??? TTpro .36 on a .25 size plane so I have plenty of power to pull it up..

It was interesting to see how the wind affected the plane. My nice gentle turns that I've been working didnt look to good last night!
The wind on the ground wasnt to bad but you could see how fast the clouds were moving up high. If I let the nose or wingtip get a little high the wind would take over and push me around...or I was having a bad night flying??? But I think it was the wind...It was good experience....

cant wait until next week!

Steve