RCU Forums - View Single Post - Showtime 50 servo confusement.
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 01:01 AM
RappyPilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Showtime 50 servo confusement.

Hi guys.

Thanks so much for your input.

Dumb question though, why a higher torque servo on the rudder and not the elevator. In my thinking I woud assume the elevator needs a higher torque servo, the elevator is used much more often. I am a heli pilot by birth, and thus always use my rudder for coordinated turns and landing but my elevator stick is much more active that the rudder when doing loops and yank and bank turns.

Got my Showtime delievered last night Popped into my LHS and got myself an OS55AX and some props and an aluminium spinner while I was there. (Aren't hobby shops bad for your wallet)

Oh man, opened the box, everything is so neatly packed, compartmentalized. The covering was perfect.

Once again I am suitably impressed with Hangar 9 kits, they are REALLY worth the money. This is my 3rd Hangar 9 kit and as always, impressed.

But to get back to my servo issue.

Decided that I really want to make an effort to make this plane as great and flyable as possible with what I have.

So I am going to put the HS-635's on the ailerons and incorporate flaps. Then I have an HS-325 which I am going to use on the throttle and I am going to put my HS-6975's on the tail surfaces.

Glad that I bough a Futaba 7C back in the day, always knew a 7th channel might come in handy so I don't have to much about with y-harnasses etc.

Anyway, time to get building ....