RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extra 330lx set-up
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 10:06 AM
al

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extra 330lx set-up

Bill,

You should have no problem putting two 5955's in the tail, that is actually becoming more common now and balance should be fine. If you use 5645's on the elevator I would probably suggest using two. If you were to go with a Hitec 5955, JR 8611, or Futaba 9156 I would say one on each elevator would be fine. As for the Ailerons if your looking for an imac setup I would strongly suggest three servos per wing and again I may suggest a higher torque servo such as the ones I listed before. Using the the three 5955's per wing will give you a great roll, extremely crisp snaps, and snap rotation exactly when you want it to.

A DA 150 on standard mufflers will fly the plane great, just loud. If you are looking at making the investment into canisters I would just say spend the extra couple of bucks and get the KS 1090's they add about 400rpm and are unbelievable in the airplane, not to mention they are the quietest setup. If you want to go with CF the landing gear will save you 12oz, wing tube will save you about 9oz, and the tail tube will only save about 1oz. CF is a quick way to save some weight and it looks cool.

Kevin