RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extra 330lx set-up
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 08:02 PM
jtec radiowave kid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extra 330lx set-up

Bill,

If you have flown the airplane with the 5645's and liked how it flew then I would say then go ahead with that setup, except still use two per elevator. I honestly have never flown one with the 5645's so I dont know, but I will say I have flown them with the 5945's and I thought I needed a little bit more for how I fly. Again this is all personal opinion so its really up to you.

As for the KS 1090's they are the full length tuned pipes that look like a baseball bat. I have been running mine at a stock header length and actually stock needle settings on the engine and have not had any peaky feeling. I know the greves are a little more notorious for the peaky feeling.

My next 300 that we will be putting together shortly will have a DA-170 on KS 1090's and I expect it to be outragous. A DA-150 on KS 1090's is absolutely incredible so I can only imagine what the 170 will be like. I have flown a da-170 on our standard mufflers and it had power like the DA-150 on KS 1090's.

Also 29 x 12n Mejzlik 3 blade is an awesome prop for the airplane. That is what Gerald Neel and I fly on ours.

For the Carbon Fiber Gear you can get it directly from us or graphtech, it is $100.00 for the 3.2m set which I think is an incredible price compaired to some of the other brands. As for the Carbon fiber wing tube I would suggest just getting that from Troy Built, they have a great price on them and that is what I have in mine.

Finally, the wing knobs. We do not have any in stock but you can purchase them from any Ace Hardware store, Some Lowes stores, or granger. The new extra 300's come with them so we have not stocked them in a while.

Let me know if you have any more questions. Also if you want I have some pictures of how to set certain things up so if you want to see something just let me know.

Kevin