RCU Forums - View Single Post - HENG LONG OWNERS ONLY THREAD!
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 04:57 PM
blitzkrieg65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HENG LONG OWNERS ONLY THREAD!

ORIGINAL: Dmon1996

MadBadger:
Can anyone think or give me some advice on what to do next
I'm sorry, but I'm not familiar with your tank. If one of your transistors cooked there may not be any visible damage on the outside. But if I'm correct, you had the same problem before, so I'd say this is a symptom- not the problem.

So speaking in general, I would check the l/s drive motor- unbolt it from the gear set and physically spin the gear. Is it smooth running, or is it hard to turn? If hard to turn, either replace or tear it apart and see what's up. At the recommendation of this forum, I ordered two sets of motors from Hobby Lobby, with shipping it's like $10 a motor.

Next, try turning the gear that the motor gear meshes with- is the gearset smooth turning? Are they metal or plastic gears? If they are metal, do a break-in as outlined in the FAQ thread. I did so for my Pershing, and the change is phenominal! If you have plastic gears and it's rough or metal and you have broken them in, take off the track and see if it is still hard to turn. Maybe you have an idle wheel that is not turning, causing a drag.

Or see if the track links are smooth in their movement in the hinges- if they are sticking, the motor is fighting to bend them every rotation. If it is metal tracks and are sticking, I'd spray some graphite spray on them on the inside. The graphite spray is graphite powder carried in a rapidly evaporating carrier like alcohol or something like that. You spray and 30 seconds later it's dry- no residue to hold dirt, but it will have created a graphite coated tube for every pivot point. And it is a cool looking dark grey, works great for a paint as well if you want something to be almost black but a little silverygrey.

I'm no expert on these tanks, I'm just a newbie. But the board blowing in the same way twice indicates an underlying issue that you must find and correct before you will be happy. Don't give up, keep trying to find something to cause this problem before you put in another board- that board will blow if you do not find the cause first.

Hope this helps.

Some good advice but Dmon, and O would suggest that after you do find what is binding up and replace the board add a PC fan or additional heatsink! Look at the link below all but one of my tanks are heng long and I let kids run them all night no blown boards?? How come? The running gear has been broke in and checked and all these tanks have a fan except the P-III!

The Blitz[sm=shades_smile.gif]

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7697453/tm.htm