RCU Forums - View Single Post - Electrajet - looking for advice and feedback
Old 05-22-2003, 12:10 AM
kennydee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electra-Jet

I've owned two of these, crashed the first one, didn't check the radio(up was down and down was up) but let's not talk about that. You need a little flying skill to fly this plane. It is a good alieron trainer. Start with short throws on the elevons(by the way, you will either need a radio with elevon mixing or delta mixing or a delta mixer plugged into the reciever). I fly mine using an 8 cell square "U" pack, similar to the battery pack in your radio. My batteries are 700 milli-amp and I get 5 to 8 minute flights(nicads). I think this kit is designed for the JR 241 mini-servo's and that's what I have in mine. If you use a radio with delta mixing, then you will need servo extensions. You can get a plug in delta mixer from E-flite for only a few dollars more than what the servo extensions would cost. This plane looks great in flight. It's not aerobatic but you can do a loop if you dive for speed. It will also roll if you set the throws high enough. On your first flight, hand launch the plane at full throttle firmly straight ahead and level. Also, make sure you have a little up trim on the first launch. Make gentle turns at first and keep the nose up. Make a long approach on landing and land with a little speed, again keeping the nose up. Hope this helps, enjoy the Electrajet.