RCU Forums - View Single Post - Heli stuff and fellowship
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 04:41 PM
David867

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Heli stuff and fellowship

Hey Magic Hook,
I have a twitch/drift in my tail, ever since I put the GY401 beside my 35X, the twitch changes with throttle, so I'm thinking it's interference, but I haven't had a chance to move it and try it yet How close is your GY401 to your ESC? I moved it on my last rebuild, I'm wondering if you did the same thing.
I used to have my DX7 set up with gyro mode like that, 0 to 50(Corresponds to -100 to 0 signal) is rate hold, and 50-100(corresponds to 0 to 100 signal) is head hold, I turned that function off so that I can change between rate/head hold modes using the gear switch. In gyro mode, the gear switch does nothing, instead you can set up different gyro gains for each flight mode.
Ya, switch gyros and see if that changes anything.
Has a GY401 ever broken from a crash, where it hasn't been hit directly by the flybar/blades?

I took apart the CopterX swashplate to see how serviceable it was, looks like you can easily change the swash ball guides, but doesn't look like they can easily be ordered. If you can get your hands on something similar (Align?), maybe you can fix the play in the swash without having to buy a BEAM.

Anyone know where to order align swash ball guides?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80456.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	1011625