RCU Forums - View Single Post - Heli stuff and fellowship
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 07:52 PM
dooleyje

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Heli stuff and fellowship

ORIGINAL: Magic Hook

H Jim, Thanks again for your time. I find this problem interesting because the heli has been flying great for six months. I cant help but wonder what I might have done in this rebuild. I have three 401's. All have been easy to setup and have flown fine right off the bench. I have also re setup the 401 on this 450 a half dozen times without trouble. Okay enough whining! My ESC has the blue heat sink.The distance between center servo and the hole is 7mm. Gain on my DX 7 wont go negative. Gyro sens screen shows Auto, Rate: 0:72%, 1:72%. Red light on 401 glows solid, no change with gear switch position. Input Select screen shows Aux2 INH, Gear GYRO. When I try to fly it, the tail will just not hold solid, nose left pretty hard, tail wants to blow out in turns. I just went through the setup again the way you describe, which is almost exactly like the finless vid I learned from in the beginning. No change. The one thing I noticed is that the pitch slider is not migrating to one side like normal in hh mode. Cant help but wonder if my gyro is the problem. Just for kicks I may pull the 401 from my 600 and see what that does. Again, Thanks for your time and effort.
Check and make sure your gyro is not reversed. (No Really)The rudder may be going the right direction but the gyro may not. If you have a solid light then the gyro is in HH. Just for grims switch your gear switch and see if it goes into rate mode. If not then the programming is lacking. Also, and you won't want to do it, but at 100% rudder travel is way too much take it down to 80%. The tail is way to sensitive at 100%. I wish you were here, we would get it dialed in . I flew today my newly rebuilt Trex SA with all metal everything. I actually had to increase the gyro gain to stop the tail wag and the tail was so sensitive you couldn' touch the stick. I had to tame the rudder down to about 75% now I can fly it. It too would blow out in ff turns, now it is sweet. I don't know what the difference is other than I put a 2.4 Spektum in it and everything has sped up 5 fold. Don't blame the gyro just yet.

I put a 220mm fly bar with the weights and it is way too slow even for me. I will take the weights off. I only had the 220mm in stock. I am used to the 190mm and have ordered some.

David try the beam balls.

Jim