RCU Forums - View Single Post - Heli stuff and fellowship
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 12:31 AM
flyachopper1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Heli stuff and fellowship

Hey Matty,
At the bottom left of the reply box there is a link that says "upload images and files". Click that and you will get a small pop up that allows you to browse for images or files on your computer. Click one of the browse buttons and it will let you select a file for upload. Takes a litle bit and then it will say upload sucessful. Click ok and it will add the image to your post. You can't see it until you 'ok' the post and it will show up at the bottom of your post.

You can imbed the images directly into your post by clicking on the 'image' button in the menu at the top. This will cause {image} to appear in your post. Then you copy and paste an image file right after {image}. Then click the image button a second time to cause {image} to appear right after your pasted file. Once again, you won't see your images until you actually post your message.

Works best if you use your publisher program to shrink large images to a smaller size. And, I've found that jpeg files work better than bitmap. I don't know what publisher program you use, but in my windows paint I can load bitmaps and resave them as jpeg to use on the forum.

Have you noticed that you can click on the posted images to see the full sized versions?

Hope this helps.

David,
Myself, I would return that Beam swash for an exchange. It sounds defective and flying it may cause you more expense from a crash. Gritty sounding bearings are just imminent trouble. All the grease in the world won't fix a bad bearing. I just don't want to hear of your heli eating dirt because of a defective part. Your heli is kinda like a beautiful woman. Give her the "good stuff" and she'll do anything you want. Try to sneak by the 'bad stuff' and she can turn on ya and break your heart.

Magic,
You have my best wishes that the storm misses your area. And, I'm sure the other members are hoping for minimal damage for the rest of good ol' Florida. During my military time I experienced the rage of a hurricane in South America and it was no fun at all. Scares the peewaddins (one of Donicas southern words) outa ya and causes a lot of misery. Florida is one of my favorite parts of the world and I hate to see it beat up. Yah-the 600 would make an awsome scale platform. After I master some of the 'tricks' required in building a scale with my 450 project I would like to build a bigger one and go all out on it. There are some real nice kits out there for the bigger helis. I saw one of a squirrel fuselage that looks like my black beauty that was for a bigger Raptor nitro. Nice stuff.

JD,
I'm assuming your busy with your music business. Hope it's going well for you. I'm back to work the first week of Sept. Back in Okie City for a week flying some more "missions" for the highway dept.

Been a long day out at Ames' shop getting the new tail system built into the black beauty. We got most of it done by 7 PM today. By then Ames' wife (Debi) was pacing around in the office ready to go home. We decided to call it quits for the day. I'm off to bed so I can be up early and at it again.

Later friends.