RCU Forums - View Single Post - Heli stuff and fellowship
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 06:35 AM
chris6414
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Heli stuff and fellowship

Hey guys, Had a good weekend and took the Hawk up for a few flights on Saturday morning with a pretty good breeze. Didn't seem to bother it too much. I had a close call on a high speed pass at about 6 ft when the wind did giver a nudge down to the deck. I had to pull her a bit to keep from carwheeling in a ball of parts[X(]. It was a nice rush. I messed with the pitch a little and the Idle 1 setting. With the OS .32 I need to keep the throttle at 60% at half stick to stay in the power and keep the headspeed up. Any more than 10 degrees pitch then she bogs a little on full throttle climb outs. Coming in for approach I really let off the collective and she rotor wops pretty good in the turn into a wind The sound in a hover in the wind sounds real nice. I finished my crude rotating beacon and she works good. She isn't perty but she is functional. The best part is I just made it up as I went along from spare parts. I'll get some pics of it tonight and maybe a short vid. The flasher circuit from BP Hobbies is a nice little unit. LEDs work best with it. I mounted a bright white one on the tail and colored it with a red sharpy. It flashes nice with a nice strobe effect. I then put two red and two green on the canopy to get better visibility in the twighlight flying. I mounted a seperate switch to run the flashers and run them from receiver power and the flood, constant nav and white tail marker from a small 2S lipo switched from the transmitter. I will eventually re-wire so they are both switched from the transmitter independently but for now it works pretty good. Maybe tonight I can test hop it at dusk to see how it looks.

http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...24&pid=W482218

http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...24&pid=V360528