RCU Forums - View Single Post - Heli stuff and fellowship
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 10:45 AM
Magic Hook

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Heli stuff and fellowship

Typical of the unpredictable nature of steering currents, FAY is moving back East again now putting us back in the cross hairs. Just finnished up outside getting boats secured, shutters up, and anything that can fly that shouldn't picked up. Heading out to fill the truck and the spare LP tanks for the grill. Still not bad, looks like the mountains in Cuba kept her from picking up steam over night. Cant tell exactly for sure because the hunter aircraft cant fly over Cuba. We all expect her to get it going over the warm Gulf water. Thankfully its only a couple of hundred miles away so hopfully will stay Cat 1 or less. We are lucky here with a higher elevation with no chance of flooding.

I did take time this moring before the winds kicked up to fly the 600 and the 500. Finally getting better on the nose in hovers.

Jim, No I have not worked on it at all. Like you working kept me from it until late yesterday afternoon. Tired, I just decided to fly and enjoy flying just for the fun of it.

Chris, I love your lights. I have saved that info and will add that to one of mine in the future. Really cool.

Question: Has anyone tried the Logictech 2100T Gyro? If so how do you like it and was it much trouble to set up? Thanks.

I am a long way with my skills to build / fly a scale bird. When I can I would love to do one of the old UH-1 (Huey's).

Gotta run and go see what NOAA's dart board says about the storm strength and track. Its just started to rain steady.