RCU Forums - View Single Post - Feei Bao F22 Raptor advise Please
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 11:08 PM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Feei Bao F22 Raptor advise Please

Let's just say that it is very, very similar to the old Skymaster F-22 (though nobody will admit to it..). This thread may help you

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_33..._1/key_/tm.htm

(it flies just fine with the gear in the stock location, by the way....) If you are going to do gear doors, do them first while the aircraft is empty and easy to move around. There is a bit of fit and finishing involved to get them to fit right. Also there is very little room for the door cylinders, so make sure the landing gear can retract and extend without hitting it.

Ailerons, you are going to need all the travel you can get. This will involve trimming back the trailing edge skins. You will have to do the same for the flaps to get any throw.
Make sure the fins are absolutely solidly tight as possible, and use locktite on the screws....they have been known to flutter and leave the aircraft.

(this experience is from the old model, they may have made running improvements to the model) I have the old manual around somewhere, I'll look up the control throws and cg for you..