RCU Forums - View Single Post - Unfortunate RCU incident...PLEASE READ!!
Old 08-21-2008, 11:35 PM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Unfortunate RCU incident...PLEASE READ!!

Pattern Forum,

I made a very poor error in judgment. I violated the RCU rules for posting under a pen name and acting as a shill. This was done under the frustration of many things. While I am not perfect nor have I claimed to be, this was a gross error in my judgment. The comments that were made were a misguided effort to help people avoid problems that I personally have seen and the issues involved. As my name is associated with many companies that support pattern, and this hobby, I would not have said those things in person.

I felt I had to get things off my chest and used a poor avenue to express that frustration. For those companies, I first and foremost take responsibility for the RCU violation that I committed. Companies that I work with and support have been contacted and I wish to make it very clear that they were not involved and my actions were my own.

While some of the facts above are not my doing, the fact that I engaged in the use of a pen name to protect my identity was not the straight shooting and honest person that I am known to be.

I committed a violation of RCU proto-call and of the RCU rules regarding no pen name and acting as shill. Confronted with the violation of RCU rules by the Forum moderator I admitted to my part in mis-representing posts as someone else.

I express my public apology to all that may have been injured by my lack of judgment. This misguided poor judgment will not happen again. In the future I will take my frustration privately to the person involved. If any of you guys would like to talk to me about my actions or the issues involved, you can PM me on RCU or you can email me at [email protected]

Regards,

Troy Newman