RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Osmose 70, Sort of build thread (slow..)
Old 08-22-2008, 03:04 AM
Thinn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho Osmose 70, Sort of build thread (slow..)

I just got a nice box in the mail yesterday from Esprit Models (http://www.espritmodel.com/). The all new Kyosho Osmose 70! (Don’t get confused of the “70”, it is a 50-size ship…).
An Ys63 arrived just days before from HobbyBarn (http://www.hobbybarn.com).
Strange and innovative Norwegian tax systems made the engine rather expensive, but the plane sailed through swiftly

So, to the goodies...
The kit looks VERY promising, with very little wrinkles on the covering. I was a bit concerned after reading about the Oxalys 50. I will be going over the model with an iron and maybe seal all covering edges with varnish of some sort just to be on the safe side.
The fuse is very straight and rigid, and the wings looks to be spot on. I did find a little "miss-hap" in the tail section. They had not sanded the already mounted fin enough, so there is a little dissymetry in the root of the fin. I don't think it is going to be a show-stopper, and I'm not going to be bothered with fixing it.

The colors on the cowling almost match the covering, and all lines fit perfectly! (This is the first model I've seen this good work on the transition between fuse and the cowl).
The hardware department is of good quality, although all plastic (horns, fuel caps etc..). This reduces weight, so I think I’ll stick to it. Normally I toss away all hardware in this kind of kits, but I’ll give it a chance.
The UC is light and well shaped! The wheel pants are painted blue(..), a nice, different touch!
For the power source, I’m using the Ys63S. I think I’ll go for a Hyde mount and Hattori manifold/short pipe to get a pleasant sound picture. The spinner I bought from Espirit is a normal, pointy thing which I think looks a bit silly… (Although of great quality!). Better go for a FAI-type to get smoother lines from the cowl.

I checked the weight of all parts yesterday, and it is not all that bad:
Fuselage (including cover under wing) – 509g
Right wing – 218g
Left wing – 217g
Stab, rudder & T-Canalizer – 136g
Canopy – 36g
Cowling – 48g
Wheel pants – 41g
Hardware – 359g
Engine (complete w/stock muffler) – 503g
Spinner – 23g
Total : 2090g

I’m not sure what servos I want to use, but I am using a Schulze receiver and a 4C AA Battery pack to save some weight. I might be looking for small, light digital servos to get precise control.

The heading states a slow build, so I hope you’re patient! I’ve got a thousand other projects going on at the same time (maintain the farm, please the wife, change nappies on my 1year old son, occasional F3A practice etc..).
I’ll try to update every time I get to spend some “home alone time”.
Please feel free to post other Osmose 70 builds as well!

Audun Thinn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81415.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	1016557   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh21328.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	1016558   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw58682.jpg
Views:	98