RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kit vs ARF
Thread: Kit vs ARF
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2003, 01:53 AM
Ergo60
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kit vs ARF

Did the Great Planes Dazzler come apart?
Yes, It broke apart on the first hard landing.

I know that Most ARF's these days are built better than Kits.
Not fo what I have seen witht he ARF's that I have had. the first plane I ever built was an Extra 300, and I can tell you right now, it was one solid well built plane. It was a GP kit and it was excellent. It took way more of a beating than the dazzler ever did and never gave me any trouble.

And especially better than a person could do only being in the hobby five years.
Now, I am going to asume that you are not talking about me here, and yes, some people just do not have what it takes to build correctly, but I for one can build an excellent plane. In fact I have the kit version of the Dazzler on its way. Thanks go to the great customer support people at Great planes. And i can tell you right now once I am finished building it there will be no further troubles like I had with the arf.

I am not postingthis as a flame against GP, nor am I mad at them, in fact it is just the opposite. I contacted them and we exchanged information. they are taking care of me in a way that demonstrated their commitment to their customers. And the hope is that this will lead to a superior product in the future. I just want to share this information with others so that we can all learn what to look for in our planes. After all that is what these forums are for.