RCU Forums - View Single Post - Predator Outrigger Project
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 07:22 PM
ISIRC10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Predator Outrigger Project

here is the vid. It is a bit short cause it was thundering and I didn't feel like getting nailed by lightning so we packed up and left. its cut short cause I assumed my mom could operate the camera but, well, I guess that not everyone is used to pressing buttons...

[link=http://s215.photobucket.com/albums/cc21/ISIRC10/?action=view&current=lol.flv]maiden voyage[/link]

as you can see, there wasn't much of a rooster tail, a lot of splash from the sponsons and a bit of skidding in the corners... how can I fix this? I would also like to ge a bit more speed, as the acceleration is good, but top speed suffers. yeah, I know I am running a stock brushed can, but I am sure that either I am running the drive at the wrong angle, or the wrong height. (I think thats the problem [&:])

Oh, and tomorrow I will go to a bigger lake for some longer runs... that should allow me some time to tune it up.
suggestions and help are appreciated - afterall, I got this far. (please don't be afraid to tell me that I am overreacting if I am, cause this is the fastest boat that I have built to date)