RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another newbie joins the LMH club
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2003, 06:13 PM
Mini Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another newbie joins the LMH club

Hi Crash!

Well ... I think the servos you will get from LMH will be Hitec HS-81's. They are fine, but the plastic gears are a little more fragile than some people realze and will strip in some crashes (is that you?) So the Hitec HS-81-MG's with a metal gearset are preferred. No harm done 'cause you can just get some HS-81-MG's as spares and replace them when need be (as I and many others have!). They are an exact replacement. You can actually buy just the metal gearset and replace the stripped gears if you have the eyes and patience.

I can't help much on the piezio gyro ... I got some kind of a piezio from LMH with the complete kit and it is still in the unopened bag with the world famous "Fusion 7" motor and ESC. You may want to get some other opinions on the Helimax. If you decide to use a Futaba instead, I don't see why you couldn't exchange it at tower.

Ask around and see what others have experienced on the gyro. Also ask around before you order more stuff ... we all seem to do this and wind up doing a lot of it over again.

Chat soon,

Russ