RCU Forums - View Single Post - What Brushless motor to buy
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 07:23 PM
jimmyjames213
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What Brushless motor to buy

well i know im overpowering the motors with my 11.1v 25c 2200mah lipo
but before that i tried to fly a estarter with a 8.4 batt (i was tring to learn how to fly by myself ) at first with a 350 and it would get the plane up to about 20 ft and i would do a slow turn (to avoid wire) and it would turn but loose a lot of power from which i couldnt recover
then i got a 400 and it was no better
problem was the battery can only supply 8 amps and the motor needs 10 at full throttle

so i got a slowstick and the 2200 lipo and it flew at half throttle great. but after i recharged the batter and i went to fly it got in the air and i heard this cluck sound and i lost power. the motor fried. so i took out my estarter motor and i am currently flying that but its hardly keeping it in the air at 3/4 trottle and ive hit a lot of wires
and im in kansas so the wind can pick up randomly and totaly screwing me with the gws motor

or maybe its because im a noob or i didnt build the estarter great (to heavy) or im tring to go vert to quick to avoid the powerlines. in the better field it works well at about 20-30 feet in the air at half throttle

long story short i want more power than the gws motor is giving me