RCU Forums - View Single Post - TMPRO EXTRA 260
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 10:56 AM
KC8QPU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TMPRO EXTRA 260

Well finally getting is some real good flights with this plane. Seems to be somewhat fragile. By the way the other post all the guys are saying to mount the engine as far back as possible. Well I did that and holly crap was the plane way to tail heavy. Moved the motor as far forward as I could and had to add about 2 ounces of lead to get it to even be close to the correct cg. I now have consistant landings and the right amount of float rate for a nice fun fly plane. Also had to tweak or bend the landing gear a little forward as this bird seemed to want to tip over pretty easy.
All I can say is I just don't understand all the so called hard core 3d flyers. Everyone always wants to have the cg back farther. For what, just to hover? If you ask me if your that good of a pilot you can hover a plane with the correct cg.
One other thing with this plane, it is extremely wing heavy on the left side. This is of course the side with the battery. Also the side with the fuel tank. If I would build another one I would locate the battery to right side.
Much happier now with modifications.