RCU Forums - View Single Post - TMPRO EXTRA 260
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 11:59 PM
RoysterDW

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: TMPRO EXTRA 260

The TMPro Extra 260P is one of 5 profiles we have in our hanger. I would recommend it for guys that "can fly" and not for a newbie to 3D. However as the saying goes its all in the setup, you can fly this like a average week-end sport flyer.

There are easier planes to hover than this. If quality is the debate here then I dont have anything to complain about. Covering could be better but look after it and seal the edges with LustreCoat clear and a brush and stays on longer.

Roll rate is one of the fastest we have, way better than the Bad Boy. I would agree that this product could (and should) be improved as far as CG. I had to cut the nose off and shove the 46AX right against the back rails plus add 30g of lead in the tail to get it where I wanted it. But hey thats a minor thing and the test to any RC company is to see if they listen to the customers to improve thier products.

I bought this plane as I liked the add saying it was good for IMAC practice, but having been in IMAC with gassers now for a year and flown with some of the best RC pilots in the world, you practice with the plane you compete with not with a little profile glow plane!

One thing for sure thought this is one fun plane to fly and it WILL 3D. Its all the pilot sometimes not always the plane. I try to 3D this as its harder than other profiles but I like the challenge. Does great rolling harriers as well.

My 2 cents.