RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitro Planes A-10 Warthog for 95 dollars
Old 09-11-2008, 12:20 AM
aginzu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro Planes A-10 Warthog for 95 dollars

ORIGINAL: RysiuM

It will be interesting indeed to see how BL version flies. What makes me nervous is that Banana guys print the same BS (or simply saying "lies") about this product that reminds me NitroPlanes stuff. Read it carefully and think for yourself:

"Full aerobatic characteristics; inside loops, outside loops, axial rolls, inverted flight, stall turns, hammerheads, and spins are possible" - is it the exact copy from the brushed version? It was a lie the last time, so is it not now? For 165 dollars you can find out

Richard's warning is right on...

Parts of this description are obviously false. You can't do spins and stall turns without a rudder. Furthermore, if you look at the video there are lots of rolls but NO complete loops. One cut has the airplane coming out of what looks like a loop but you can't see how it entered the maneuver. It could be coming out of an inverted dive entered from a roll. The closest thing is a 1/2 loop to inverted flight. The airplane will probably loop but just barely. An outside loop is very unlikely. Mine, with about 50% more power, can do a loop from level flight but loses speed pretty quickly when it goes vertical making the loop acceptable but relatively small. I haven't tried an outside loop yet.

It's probably not a bad airplane, but take the ad copy with a grain of salt.