RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ultra Sport 40 or TRACER ??
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 04:27 PM
Cdallas2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ultra Sport 40 or TRACER ??

I have all three. Tracer 40, US 60 & US 40.

I would disagree that the Tracer is harder to fly. It is harder to land though. It has a tendency to tip stall at lower speeds so you need to grease it in. In the air though it is a beauty. I've got about 40 flights on mine and it's the straightest plane I've ever flown. It's a pattern plane and flies as advertised.

The Ultrasports on the other hand are a blast to fly. The 40 has retracts and is a rocket ship. They will fly noticeably slower but the small one is hard to slow down so I need to grease it in as well. The 60 is powered by an MVVS .77 and vertical is near unlimited. It's not as fast but is very powerful in vertical maneuvers. The major complaint I have for both is the lack of rudder authority. Even basic stall turns are tricky and knife-edge is not really possible.

The Ultrasports I bring out when I just want to blast around and hot-dog. The Tracer is good for more precise flying.

Similar aircraft but both fly differently. You really can't go wrong with either.

PS. If you go with the Tracer be careflu of the fuselage wood supplied in the kit. Heavy and not quite the right size.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57343.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	1032583   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj27894.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	1032584