RCU Forums - View Single Post - Plane ideas - Your thoughts?
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 11:31 AM
Spacemonkey71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Plane ideas - Your thoughts?

MinnFlyer, you HAVE to FINISH THE STORY!!!!!

Did your student crash his Tiger 2??? [X(] Did your son like his Tiger 2? [] Did he crash it ? [:@]

PLEASE FINISH THE STORY ! !

(and if any of them did, how well did they "hold up" after a crash? Were they in "repairable" condition or did they completely explode? (like many modern lightweight planes do - it seems the only thing holding them together is the mylar! [:-] )

Also, when it came to turning and aileron authority on the Tiger 2 (this is a question of HOW easy it is to fly), when you make a turn, let's just say a nice semi-tight 180, does the plane want to spin on it's axis (like a sport aero plane, aka "the rifle bullet flyer") or is there enough dihedral to swing it into a turn? (how much dihedral does the wing have?)

I know the plane only weighs ~5 lbs, so I'm thinking a .40 engine would be PLENTY to throw a plane this light around. I've got a K&B .45 that still needs to be tested but I think It will work well on this plane. It's an older engine so it shouldn't be as superpowerd that something like a modern ball bearing .50 would be. I'm just trying to learn as much as I can about this plane before I order/buy one