RCU Forums - View Single Post - Decisions... Decisions...
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 10:47 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Decisions... Decisions...

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

I have not run my trucks for some time but would not sell them because I know I would just kick my self later. I'm sorry to hear about the problems with the lst2 and if you lost confidence in the product then it might be better to get rid of it. You might never be happy no matter how good it runs because in the back of your mind you think its a turd. I had this problem with a AK47 never would shoot without stove pipeing every round, sent it to get fixed and shooting good but sold it because I had zero confidence.
It's not that I've necessarily lost confidence in it.... the ONLY thing that has given me a problem was the Mach 427.... an engine that many people tout as one of the best. It's possible I got a lemon motor.... the second one I installed was the same motor, different piston/sleeve. This is a NIB Mach 427... I have confidence in the truck, I'm just at a turning point right now. I have another kid on the way... I have 2 nitro MT's, a heli, and a MiniT... most of which I just don't have time for. Because of the severe beating I've given my Revo, I doubt I could get even 1/3 of what I paid for it... nor would I really want to get rid of it (in almost 4 years... have had VERY minimal problems with it). I got into the hobby to quench my thirst for automotive hobbies... since I had to give up my '95 Camaro Z28 to buy a house. Now, I have an '03 Tahoe that I'm playing with... (Magnaflow Exhaust, AEM BruteForce CAI, custom tune, etc) and I'm considering trading my '99 S10 in for another Z28, maybe an SS. So, the need for the nitro hobby is dwindling. I'm not ready to get out of R/C altogether, but I'm thinking about going another route (Electric Traxxas Slash). If I could get the money out of it, I could buy a Slash, get my Revo fixed (needs a new chassis and brace) and still have some money to put into my Tahoe... I'm just torn... that sounds like a GREAT idea, however as I sit here staring at it on my desk, I have second thoughts and doubts.