53.85%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Decisions... Decisions...

Old 09-21-2008, 08:58 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decisions... Decisions...

Well, as you all may or may not know, my LST motor took a dump a few months ago. After going back and forth with Horizon Hobby, I finally got a NIB Mach 427. This has me excited about the LST2 again, but I'm a little gunshy. This is the 3rd motor I've had in it. If this one grenades, I'm screwed. I just got a new Tahoe and as such have been wanting to buy some stuff for it... I've also been eyeing the Traxxas Slash as well...

I'm trying to decide whether I should just cut my losses and sell the LST2... or if I should keep it and give it another chance.... I am still REALLY into R/C, but I'm starting to burn out on Nitro... I will keep the Revo until the day I die... so, I'll still have Nitro... but, I'm thinking about just going to 1 truck... or getting a Slash. Opinions?

BTW - anyone know what a barely used LST2 w/ brand new motor goes for?
Old 09-21-2008, 09:12 PM
[email protected]

Default RE: Decisions... Decisions...

I have not run my trucks for some time but would not sell them because I know I would just kick my self later. I'm sorry to hear about the problems with the lst2 and if you lost confidence in the product then it might be better to get rid of it. You might never be happy no matter how good it runs because in the back of your mind you think its a turd. I had this problem with a AK47 never would shoot without stove pipeing every round, sent it to get fixed and shooting good but sold it because I had zero confidence.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:47 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

I have not run my trucks for some time but would not sell them because I know I would just kick my self later. I'm sorry to hear about the problems with the lst2 and if you lost confidence in the product then it might be better to get rid of it. You might never be happy no matter how good it runs because in the back of your mind you think its a turd. I had this problem with a AK47 never would shoot without stove pipeing every round, sent it to get fixed and shooting good but sold it because I had zero confidence.
It's not that I've necessarily lost confidence in it.... the ONLY thing that has given me a problem was the Mach 427.... an engine that many people tout as one of the best. It's possible I got a lemon motor.... the second one I installed was the same motor, different piston/sleeve. This is a NIB Mach 427... I have confidence in the truck, I'm just at a turning point right now. I have another kid on the way... I have 2 nitro MT's, a heli, and a MiniT... most of which I just don't have time for. Because of the severe beating I've given my Revo, I doubt I could get even 1/3 of what I paid for it... nor would I really want to get rid of it (in almost 4 years... have had VERY minimal problems with it). I got into the hobby to quench my thirst for automotive hobbies... since I had to give up my '95 Camaro Z28 to buy a house. Now, I have an '03 Tahoe that I'm playing with... (Magnaflow Exhaust, AEM BruteForce CAI, custom tune, etc) and I'm considering trading my '99 S10 in for another Z28, maybe an SS. So, the need for the nitro hobby is dwindling. I'm not ready to get out of R/C altogether, but I'm thinking about going another route (Electric Traxxas Slash). If I could get the money out of it, I could buy a Slash, get my Revo fixed (needs a new chassis and brace) and still have some money to put into my Tahoe... I'm just torn... that sounds like a GREAT idea, however as I sit here staring at it on my desk, I have second thoughts and doubts.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:59 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Difficult decisions like this are generally between your head and your gut. Go with your gut.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:17 AM
-SomeGuy-

Another child on the way? Dude, my first is only 7 weeks old and I already see the day when he'll ask me to try out my RCs and eventually want his own, thats why Im keeping them all.

At worst shelf it and pull it out at some later date. With the popularity of the truck and the good aftermarket support I dont see it going out of style anytime soon. The 427 could always go in your revo eventually.

If your not desperate for some quick cash relief, wait a while and the money you need will come.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:34 AM
The Hedgehog

Don't spend money on the Tahoe, go an buy another Z28 for sure.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:53 PM
SAVAGEBANE

i am almost sure that you will wanna run that lst again. i wouldnt sell it, just clean it up and shelfqueen it......until you look at it one day, grab it, get it running and say to yourself that you are glad you didnt sell it for that few hundred bucks.
plus, think about how much you would get for it vs. how much you spent vs. what that would get you in your Tahoe...2 tanks of Gas.
i say keep it
Old 09-22-2008, 08:07 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In a fit of madness I somehow manage to end up with over 20 of these nitro trucks, cars and buggies. Now many are becoming obsolete, and i am finding it harder to find parts, mine off brand or outdated like gs storm sut truggies, shumacher fusion, xfactor, kyosho giga crusher ofna dominator. But being the Lst2 is very popular you should not take to bad of a hit if you sell it. Now my stuff they want for nothing so i kept holding out, and thats probably what id get.

My whole reason for going into this hobby is I could not ride motorcycles because of an injury, and the old lady said you bring a camaro home i'll throw your ass out of the house. She told me she was afraid I would get killed if I owned a fast car.

Only you know dude go with your heart and budget

good luck
Old 09-22-2008, 08:15 PM
Sugafree

I'd Keep it........(& get the Slash it's a Funny little Truck ) I got one for my daughter when they came out earlier this summer......

LST2's are Going Pretty Cheap these days......

I Just bought one with a Ton of Extras & Hop ups for $325 Shipped to Canada.......
Old 09-22-2008, 08:40 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

Don't spend money on the Tahoe, go an buy another Z28 for sure.
LOL... well, the Tahoe is going to get some money spent on it. I've already done the Magnaflow Exhaust, and I'm planning to get an AEM CAI soon. The Z28 is a future plan due to the fact that I PROBABLY would have a really hard time getting the loan for it... it was tough with the Tahoe. I lost my job in March... and had to live 2 months on credit cards... then had to make up for it. Unfortunately, it was a pretty hard hit... and my credit took the hit.

The more I look at it and think about it... the more I'm thinking about keeping it. The other things are going to happen regardless (other than the Slash... but that may come with my 10% bonus at the end of the year... ) I think I'm going to give it another chance.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:41 AM
KRO

Give it another chance , once you get it tuned right and its running the way it should it will become the truck you drive most I promise .
Old 09-23-2008, 01:38 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey, is your new Mach the grey one, or an orange one?? Just curious..
Old 09-23-2008, 02:21 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

Hey, is your new Mach the grey one, or an orange one?? Just curious..
It's the orange one... I was hoping they'd send me the more powerful one, but... *shrug* Did they change the Muggified 427 w/ teal head to gray?